Other professions in dentistry:
Whether it is over the phone or in person at the clinic, the secretaries responsible for the reception must perform various functions:
- organize the schedule of appointments
- reassure the patients
- give quality information and direct the patients to the appropriate dental professionals, whether it is the dental surgeon, the dental hygienist, the denturist, etc.
- take care of the payment of professional fees and of the dental plans
Arrangement of the reception area
The waiting room is peaceful and soothing, in terms of colours and design. With proper professional attire, with a smile, and using the right words, our friendly secretary/receptionist reassures the patients with efficiency. The patient must feel that he or she is centre stage when walking through the door of a dental centre.
The qualities of a secretary/receptionist
The reception assistants must possess many qualities and skills:
- a smile
- availability, listening skills, and patience
- clear communication and a good knowledge of the dental office
- manage and organize the schedule, punctuality
- personal appearance and dress of impeccable quality
And, of course, the most important quality: to appreciate interpersonal relationships.
At the David & Cloutier Dental Centre, situated in Montréal, Catherine and Myriam are in charge the reception. They are very much appreciated as they play the major role in keeping the cohesion of the dental office. They set the atmosphere with their warm personality and are essential to our professional environment.
Au Centre David et Cloutier, situé à Montréal, Catherine et Myriam sont responsables de l’accueil. Elles sont très appréciées car elles jouent le rôle prépondérant dans la cohésion du cabinet dentaire. Elle impriment l’atmosphère de leur personnalité chaleureuse et se révèlent indispensables dans notre cadre professionnel.